Monday, March 21, 2011

Celebrating you...

Anderson,
On your first birthday, we gathered with Gran and Papa and Grandmama and Grandaddy, Daddy bought you a '1' candle, we sang happy birthday, and Alex and Aerin blew out your candle for you. We then watched a short film on Thailand, and prayed hard because you were literally across the globe and we could not hold you or tell you how much you are loved! We hoped and prayed that you would be home by your 2nd birthday, but we knew that you were being held by your Father in Heaven even before we could hold you, tell you how much we loved you, and watch you make a mess with your birthday cake! Here's an excerpt from my blog post on that day:

"Happy Birthday, Anderson. One day, I will sit down and tell you the story of how we celebrated and loved you before you even knew us, and I will tell you that God has done the same since before your life began."


1 year old - Thailand

March 21, 2009 - brother and sister blowing out your candle
Now, you are 3 years old and it is hard to believe how much has changed since the day we first held you in our arms and the day we brought you home. We celebrate your life today, we celebrate God's work in and through your life. And we thank God for all He has done to change our family by allowing us to adopt you. You are funny, sweet, strong, and a true miracle. So, on your 3rd birthday, we celebrate again and this time, you get to blow out the candles and make a mess with the cake! Every time I look at you, God reminds me that His way is perfect, even when it seems radical or impossible, even when I try to do things my way. Happy Birthday, sweet boy! We are so thankful that you are home and so excited to see what God has in store for you in your 4th year!
3 years old - March 21, 2011 - Powdered Donut Birthday Breakfast

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:9-10


Loving and Learning,

2 comments:

  1. I just want to hold him he is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Anderson! Give him a birthday kiss from Miss Julie.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus Christ, am a seeker of beauty, and am a grateful child of God who would be lost and hopeless were it not for His grace. I am learning to walk in love, see interruptions as divine appointments, and value people and relationships above agendas and results. I pray my life is grace-filled, and brings joy and encouragement to everyone I know and meet. We are a family of 6, built by God through love, birth, and adoption, living in the beauty and the struggle that accompanies parenting kids from hard places. Got questions? Email me at loveandtots3@gmail.com.

Our Adoption Video

video

photo album

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbook made with Smilebox

On my bookshelf