Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just because I am thankful, I love him, and I really like this song!

Lately, I have become more and more aware that all of the changes in our lives and God's work in our family have made mine and Jeff's marriage so much stronger and richer and better than it has ever been. Don't get me wrong, we still get irritated with one another and yes, we even argue sometimes.  We don't agree on everything, and I am sure some days he gets tired of listening to me, the talker! But as we have followed God to places we never thought we would go, our love for Him has grown deeper and He has given us love for one another that is focused on giving rather than receiving.  I have seen God grow Jeff in some amazing ways over the past few years, and I am thankful for a husband and father who loves Jesus Christ first. There were years of our marriage that things were far from good--we always loved each other, but it wasn't the kind of love that we have now.  It was a "give me" and "I need" love rather than "what do you need" and "what can I give you" love. We both made some big mistakes and hurt one another deeply. I am so thankful that God restored us, and gave us what we never had before. He opened my eyes to my wrong attitudes and selfish heart, and I am so grateful that He was working in Jeff's heart at the same time!


So, just because I love my husband and appreciate with all my heart the father and husband he is. And because I see God's heart for the orphan in him when he says "Yes" over and over to adopting again and tons of kids (yes, we are praying and considering adopting again soon)! And because of a million other reasons that I could share but won't bore you to death by sharing, I wanted to publicly praise God for what He has done in our lives. We are not perfect people, so our marriage is not perfect. But I am excited every day to share life's journey with the man who God gave me as my husband! The lyrics to the song below are a great expression of how I feel about sharing life with him, and how many of you probably feel about your spouses. 
Even if you have heard it, it's worth listening to again!

"'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man, so there's nothing left to fear. So, I'll walk with you in the shadowlands 'til the shadows disappear. He promised not to leave us and His promises are true. So, in the face of all this chaos, baby I can dance with you. So, let's go dancing in the minefields..."



Loving and Learning,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus Christ, am a seeker of beauty, and am a grateful child of God who would be lost and hopeless were it not for His grace. I am learning to walk in love, see interruptions as divine appointments, and value people and relationships above agendas and results. I pray my life is grace-filled, and brings joy and encouragement to everyone I know and meet. We are a family of 6, built by God through love, birth, and adoption, living in the beauty and the struggle that accompanies parenting kids from hard places. Got questions? Email me at loveandtots3@gmail.com.

Our Adoption Video

video

photo album

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbook made with Smilebox

On my bookshelf