Thursday, August 4, 2011

So much...

 So much I have been given. So much I forget to thank Him for.
So much to say. So much wondering, waiting, working, worrying, and more. 
So much to do I have no time to blog or just to "be".
So much we are experiencing, joy and sadness, trust and uncertainty.
So much is how much He gives His grace each moment of each day.
So grateful and so humbled by His love that holds me,
A love that is greater than any words I can say.

Okay, this is by no means even within the realm of real poetry. W.B. Yeats and Seamus Heaney are two of my favorites, and I imagine this little "verse" (if you can call it that) would make them both squirm at its lack of so many things that make even decent poetry. But I wanted to share it, because it came to my heart. And since I don't really have time to do a full blog post, it is a good filler.

I am so grateful for His love and grace. God sustains me when all around seems to crumble, and when I become my own worst enemy. He is good. His plan is perfect. We trust Him. And I am thankful, even in the midst of change and uncertainty.

"I love you, LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies." Psalm 18:1-3

An old one, but God put it on my playlist today, and I so needed to hear it!





Loving and Learning,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus Christ, am a seeker of beauty, and am a grateful child of God who would be lost and hopeless were it not for His grace. I am learning to walk in love, see interruptions as divine appointments, and value people and relationships above agendas and results. I pray my life is grace-filled, and brings joy and encouragement to everyone I know and meet. We are a family of 6, built by God through love, birth, and adoption, living in the beauty and the struggle that accompanies parenting kids from hard places. Got questions? Email me at loveandtots3@gmail.com.

Our Adoption Video

video

photo album

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbook made with Smilebox

On my bookshelf