Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Prayer and A Song

Dear God,

Thank you. Thank you for breath and life, for hope and grace, for love more full and sacrifice more deep than I can ever comprehend. You reign, so I can rest. You give, so I can exist. You shine, and the darkness flees. You forgive, and I am made whole. You sing over me, and the noise of chaos is silenced.

Pain is real. Suffering surrounds. Despair destroys. There are questions to which I can find no answer and fear that seeks to choke out the beauty you give as weeds choke the plants in a garden. But when I look to you and seek your face, I see your glory and know that my only Hope is in you.

Give me grace to be thankful for each path you take me down, no matter the cost or the pain. Give me voice to speak and sing and shout your praise in every circumstance and to speak your truth to everyone who needs to hear. Give me vision to see where you are leading and give me courage to live with abandon and follow you no matter what.  Give me opportunity to show your heart, to share your love, to give as you have given.

You alone are worthy. You do not change. You Are.
I love you, Lord. Amen.

Day after Day (Kristian Stanfill)
"Men will try to rule the world You made
But we know power is Yours alone to give and take
A day will come when every knee will bow
And every tongue confess that You are Lord both now and forever

Day after day our God is reigning
He's never shaken
My hope is in the Lord
Time after time our God is faithful
Trustworthy Savior
My hope is in the Lord

The fear of man and what they plan will fade
When we know you alone are God of everyday
Like the flowers man will rise and fall
But you are everlasting, never-ending, God eternal

Let the songs of adoration rise
Our God is reigning up on high
He's worthy to receive the praise and the glory"



Loving and Learning,



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus Christ, am a seeker of beauty, and am a grateful child of God who would be lost and hopeless were it not for His grace. I am learning to walk in love, see interruptions as divine appointments, and value people and relationships above agendas and results. I pray my life is grace-filled, and brings joy and encouragement to everyone I know and meet. We are a family of 6, built by God through love, birth, and adoption, living in the beauty and the struggle that accompanies parenting kids from hard places. Got questions? Email me at loveandtots3@gmail.com.

Our Adoption Video

video

photo album

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbook made with Smilebox

On my bookshelf