Friday, April 20, 2012

It's Friday

I have a blog post brewing in my mind that is not quite ready to write, and I don't have the time to write it today. But this week has been so filled with evidence of God's faithfulness in our lives that I didn't want to fail to express my gratitude and amazement at all He has done and continues to do. I can truly say that it is hard to be grateful for some circumstances, but it is amazing when God uses those circumstances to show us more of who He is and remind us of His grace, faithfulness, and everlasting love for us (I use "us" to refer to all people, not just my family). Honestly, the shifting sands of this world and the uncertainty and pain of difficult circumstances bring us a greater sense of our need for God, more compassion for others who are suffering, and the deep conviction that this world is not home. I can say with full conviction that our hope is in our God alone, every day, in both trials and joys. This song is wonderful, and Aaron Shust is a favorite of mine. May your Friday and your weekend find you hoping in Christ alone, unshaken by "drought or storm".


Loving and Learning,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus Christ, am a seeker of beauty, and am a grateful child of God who would be lost and hopeless were it not for His grace. I am learning to walk in love, see interruptions as divine appointments, and value people and relationships above agendas and results. I pray my life is grace-filled, and brings joy and encouragement to everyone I know and meet. We are a family of 6, built by God through love, birth, and adoption, living in the beauty and the struggle that accompanies parenting kids from hard places. Got questions? Email me at loveandtots3@gmail.com.

Our Adoption Video

video

photo album

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbook made with Smilebox

On my bookshelf